In 2018 the University will move to a brand new state of the art £330m Waterside Campus alongside the river Nene, a 5 minute walk east of the Town Centre.
The existing 58 acre brownfield site will be transformed into a vibrant and social site, attracting students and visitors from across the country.
The new campus will cement the University’s reputation as an institution that is dedicated to adding value to society.
An award winning University…
Officially gaining University status in 2005, the University of Northampton is one of the country’s youngest Universities.
However, despite its young age, the University has wasted no time in making significant impacts and has already been recognised for its efforts - winning a multitude of awards:
- June 2017 – awarded Gold by the government for the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF), praising the quality of student experience
- June 2017 – awarded Social Enterprise Gold Mark
- September 2015 – The University was shortlisted for the third year in a row in the ‘Business School of the Year’ category of the Times Higher Education (THE) Awards
- February 2014 – Midlands Business Awards Most Enterprising University of the Year (winner)
- September 2013 – recognised as the highest climbing university in the Times/Sunday Times University Guide 2014
- April 2013 – recognised as the highest climbing university in the Complete University Guide 2014
- February 2013 – Midlands Business Awards Most Enterprising University of the Year (winner)
- February 2013 – awarded Changemaker Campus status by AshokaU and recognised as number one for social enterprise