The brand new £330 million campus, Waterside, sits alongside the River Nene and is a previous 58 acre brownfield site that has been transformed into a vibrant social site. This exciting new campus offers an environment where all university activities are collated on one site, together with residential accommodation for up to 1200 students.
It is designed to adapt to 21st Century teaching methods and consists of integrated learning environments and zones as well as a 24/7 library - providing an excellent environment for education and working.
The university also works hard on reducing environmental impacts through sustainability, transport and energy initiatives. Such initiatives include the use of sophisticated demand controls to operate the light systems which incorporate efficient lamp sources.
An award winning University…
Officially gaining University status in 2005, the University of Northampton is one of the country’s youngest Universities.
However, despite its young age, the University has wasted no time in making significant impacts and has already been recognised for its efforts - winning a multitude of awards:
- June 2017 – awarded Gold by the government for the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF), praising the quality of student experience
- June 2017 – awarded Social Enterprise Gold Mark
- September 2015 – The University was shortlisted for the third year in a row in the ‘Business School of the Year’ category of the Times Higher Education (THE) Awards
- February 2014 – Midlands Business Awards Most Enterprising University of the Year (winner)
- September 2013 – recognised as the highest climbing university in the Times/Sunday Times University Guide 2014
- April 2013 – recognised as the highest climbing university in the Complete University Guide 2014
- February 2013 – Midlands Business Awards Most Enterprising University of the Year (winner)
- February 2013 – awarded Changemaker Campus status by AshokaU and recognised as number one for social enterprise